Special Scholarship Program 2023 in Japan. The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 to support the development of advanced research at the University with the contribution of highly capable PhD students. Through a 3-year curriculum, Kochi University of Technology (KUT) provides a comprehensive education in a multidisciplinary environment.
Also Apply For Latest Opened Scholarships:
- University of California Free Online Courses 2023 with Certificates
- Toronto University Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded
- University of Arizona Scholarships 2023 Study in USA
- University of Miami scholarships for international students 2023
- Greece Scholarships 2023 By Scholarshipads.info
- Yale University Scholarships 2023 in USA
- University of Waterloo Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded By Scholarshipads.info
Each student completes a PhD course in English while assisting their host professor in their research projects and receiving a monthly payment for their contribution to the projects. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to pursue postgraduate studies in Asia.
This scholarship program to study in Japan has been designed to help diligent and talented students with limited financial resources, especially international students from developing countries who are ready to pursue expected research and related studies in the next three years, finally achieve their academic goal.
Special Scholarship Program 2023 in Japan.
Also Check: World Trade Organization Internship Program 2023
Summary about Special Scholarship Program 2023 in Japan:
- Host Institution: Kochi University of Technology in Japan.
- Area: Available projects on the SSP Research Projects List.
- Number of awards: up to many available positions.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to international students.
- The deadline for October 2023 applications is March 17, 2023.
Also Check: Toronto University Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded
The special scholarship program will offer selected candidates the following benefits:
- Exemption from entrance fee 30,000 yen, registration fee 300,000 yen, and tuition fee 535,800 yen per year
- To support living expenses, ¥150,000 per month is paid as a salary for working on a research project.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living expenses (only provided to international applicants who live outside of Japan).
- The course in English technical writing and research writing will be taught by a native English professor for first and second year PhD students.
- A Japanese language course will be provided for everyday conversation and grammar.
- Tutors help new international students with academic and everyday matters.
- Many types of Japanese cultural activities will be offered seasonally.
- International students can get help in finding independent accommodation.
Applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship program to study in Japan must
- have permission from the head of the applicant’s preferred SSP project to apply for that project
- have a degree from an accredited institution comparable to a master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or have such a degree planned before the date of enrollment at KUT
- be 35 years of age or younger at the time of enrollment
- have excellent academic records and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from renowned universities
- have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skills to work on a research project
- have a high command of English
Also Apply For: Canada Public Universities Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
How to apply for a special scholarship program
Aspirants who would like to apply for this university scholarship program must proceed as follows:
- Select one research project from the list of SSP Research Project List
- Email the completed Pre-Application Request to the head of your preferred project and get permission from the head to apply for this SSP project. The e-mail address of the project manager is given in the project description.
- After obtaining the approval of the project manager, fill out all the required documents and send them to KUT by post. The documents must be delivered to KUT by the specified deadline.
- Online KUT Advance Application Form is NOT available on the following date and time due to system maintenance. Please avoid submitting the online pre-application during this time.
- 2022 → November 2 18:00-20:00 (JST),
- December 7, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (JST),
- 2023 → January 4 18:00-20:00 (JST),
- February 1st 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (JST),
- March 1st 18:00-20:00 (JST).
For more details on the special scholarship program at Kochi University of Technology, visit the university’s website.